Thursday, June 26, 2014

What a wicked tongue

I have been told many times that I had a way with words. I used to think that it was a good thing. But then as I matured I realized unless I controlled my words, it was a bad thing. I knew that I could speak words that would cut deeper than any sword. I knew that I could speak words that would make some people feel like the size of an ant. I also knew that I could speak words that would make people feel like kings and queens.

This doesn't only apply to me. We all have the same ability. The power to speak is a God given gift. A gift that we can use or abuse. We must use our mouth/tongue to create, speak life, and truth. Not to utter complaints or hurts.

The Bible says, "But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison." I know that's not how I want my words to be viewed. That is why I constantly try to be mindful of what I'm saying. In James it says we must listen more and speak less. If we do this then we are controlling that wicked tongue.

Use your tongue as a weapon of mass destruction, tearing down all the evils Satan has set against you. Use it to build up others and most importantly use it to Glorify God.

No comments:

Post a Comment