Thursday, June 19, 2014

What's on your mind?

I can remember when I was a child, my mind would wonder. My mother would say, "I have a penny," meaning I have a penny for your thoughts. I always liked when mom would say that. It showed me that she cared about what I was thinking. Now as a wife and mother I often ask my husband or children what they are thinking about. Why? Simply because I care.

God cares about what you think about too! He wants us to think about him, his ways, and his words. In fact he wants his ways and his words to be what we keep in the front of our minds. Colossians 3:2 AMP says, "And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth."

There is no point wasting time thinking about the things you can't change (earthly things). So why not invest your time thinking about the things that never change (the higher things). Those things are God and God's way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment