Thursday, June 5, 2014

Is ok to be Angry?

I used to be a person who got angry very easily. I would get angry with people based on what they said, what they did, or what they didn't do. People would get on my nerves very easily.  When I was angry I would be mean to other people and say or do things that would intentionally hurt someone. It is not that I was a mean person I just believed that when I was angry or hurt other people should be angry and hurt too. So I would react based on what I was feeling. As I got older I came to believe that anger was bad. So I would keep myself away from the people who made me angry. But, that wasn't a good thing either.
As I spent more time in the word I came to find that being angry was not a bad thing. My natural thinking rejected that statement. I couldn't understand how it was acceptable. So I had to spend more time in the word and  get revelation on what God says about anger. Ephesians 4:26 says "be angry and sin not; let not the sun go down upon your wrath." Therefore the bible says you can be angry, you just can't do anything that is against the word of God when you are angry. It also tells us not to go to bed angry.
So when I was looking at myself I realized that it was not the act of being angry that was wrong, it was what I did when I got angry that was wrong. In Colossians 3:8 it tells you "But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth." The Bible will never tell you to do something that is impossible. The word tells us to put of all the above things so that is what we must do.
As I went on to seek more wisdom from the Holy Spirit. I asked the Holy Spirit to show me how to use anger in a positive way. So I was reflecting over my life and found that at times I had used anger as a motivational influence. You might think is that even possible? The answer is yes. If the bible tells us to be angry and sin not, then we should be able to get angry and do good. Think about your haters, I am sure when you found out that you had haters you were angry. But, you can use that anger to drive you in to success. Allow that anger to motivate you for greatness. Allow that anger to stir up more desire inside your spirit man so you can push on toward your prosperity.
The last thing I needed to know was how do I control my actions when I am angry. How do I respond to anger verses reacting to anger. The answer is laid out in the word. James 1:19 tells us " let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath. That is why I believe God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth. So we can listen more and talk less.




No comments:

Post a Comment