Friday, June 13, 2014

Test

As I sat in Bible study my pastor was teaching a lesson on patience. His example was one that we all find ourselves in at some point. He was telling us a story about being in the grocery store and he when he was in line there was a father and son behind him. My pastor wanted to get rid of extra $1 bills so he was feeding them in to the machine. As he was doing this he saw the frustrated father behind him. Now, the father was being tested. He could have demonstrated patience to his son by waiting but, instead he moved to the next register. Yep..something we all have done at one point or another. Pastor illustrated how the father failed that test of patience and the opportunity to help mold his son.
Well, believer don't you think we have the same chance to demonstrate our patience with God. We are all placed in situations to be patient or learn more patience.  Psalm 27:14 says, "Wait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Waiting is patience.
As I sat in church I laughed because the patience lesson is being taught in my house. My husband thought of himself as a patient guy, but he just got revelation that he is not as patient as he thought himself to be. (Something I have known for a while) but, as my husband is going through this growth process we discuss it. I help by pointing out some short comings in certain situations. (I don't recommend this for all people, as it may cause an argument if you don't have that type of communication). In our lives we challenge each other to live the excellent life that God calls us to.  
James 1:3 says, "the testing of your faith worketh patience." So I say rejoice when you are being tested. If you pass you have developed to another level of patience and faith in God, if you didn't do so well evaluate your level to see what you need to develop on. Either way rejoice and thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment