Monday, July 7, 2014

Uncomfortable

A child sometimes experiences pains. Theses pains can come without a cause. Most times parents will regard the pains as growing pains. Growing pains are a natural part of life. Theses growing pains also occur in the spiritual growth of all people.

When a person decides to completely follow God it can be painful to our bodies. To stop living outside the kingdom hurts. It hurts because the things we were doing were pleasing to our natural mind and bodies. For example when a person (me) decides it is wrong to live being angry, it hurts when I have to restrain myself from displaying anger. I know that temporary moment of pain is beneficial. It means I am growing. I'm maturing in to the person God wants me to be.

So, let yourself experience some growing pains as you change into the person God wants you to be. It may be uncomfortable but It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment