Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Friend or Foe?

Life would be easy if we got along with everyone and if we were honest we would only like the people who like us. Unfortunately, we are not supposed to be like that. God tells us to love everyone. Part of my growing pains in life were learning how to love without liking.  To some that doesn't make sense, so let me explain.

I was a person who could hold a grudge and take it to the grave. I was a person who considered people dead to me. By doing that I thought I was protecting myself. Yet, I was only hurting myself. I was hurting myself because God doesn't want me to be like that.

I know not everyone is going to like me! I'm aware people will talk about me! I'm aware people will lie on me! Today,I say who cares!!!!! They did worse to Jesus. I am not exempt from the haters! But I do have to do my part.

My part is praying for them and not acting like them and most if all love them. Matthew 5:44-45 KJV But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; [45] That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

So yes, I love you regardless of what has been said or what has been done. I may not like some of you ways but that does not change the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment