Monday, July 7, 2014

Fireworks

So I honestly try to find a lesson in everything and on this particular day I found a lesson in the most unique place. My children and I were watching fireworks and as we were doing this my oldest daughter was assigning people to each firework based on the way the exploded. I found it very interesting how she was able to see personalities in each firework. So as my daughter was assigning each of us a firework, I just soaked it in.

Later on that night as I was laying in bed, I started to see the personalities in each firework. It got me thinking. Which firework was I? Was I the loud booming fire work? The beautiful firework that filled the sky with light? The fast exploding firework? Or the firework that let off small booms? Each firework left its own imprint on each person watching them that night.

I saw these fireworks as our light, the spiritual light that is supposed to shine so bright that we draw people with it. So take a moment and figure out wich firework you are, and which one you would want to be. As for me I want to be the beautiful firework that lights up the sky. That way people all around can see my light.

Matthew 5:16 KJV
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment