Monday, July 7, 2014

Dust to Dust

When I was very young my father died. I was only 3 1/2 years old at the time.  Because I was so young my mother did the best job that she could explaining death to me. She had told me God needed another angel so he took my father. I was very very angry with God for doing this. In fact I remember saying I hated God (stupid me).  I now thank God for his grace, mercy, and forgiveness. I'm so thankful that he doesn't hold that against me.   Anyway, back to what I was saying. With my father dying I lived in fear of my mom dying too. I remember sleeping on the floor next to her because I was often afraid that she would die. I know some people think wow, it's not that serious but to me it was. My mother was all that I had so I wasn't going to lose her too. Not that I could control it.  So I was a child who feared death. I mean completely feared death. My mother took us to church, she taught us about God,  and she always showed me that she loved God. Yet, I didn't fully trust God. I Now know that fear is not of God and everyone must die at some point. How did I come to learn this?

Well, God placed me in an environment where I was surrounded by life and death. I worked in Emergency Room. I have seen stuff that some people could never imagine. This is where I saw God! I witnessed miracles all the time. I saw miracles that I knew only GOD could have  done. So this was when I became hungry to learn more. I no longer feared death and knew it had to happen at some point. I learned that God didn't take my father because he was selfishly acquiring an angel. My father died because it was his season to.

I'm summarizing all this for a reason! It is to tell you that death is not bad. It is nothing to fear or be angry about. Death is inevitable! The Bible tells us that we all will return to the dust from which we came. Our bodies are rented but our spirits will live on forever!  We we did physically God finds it to be previous! So because we never know the time or day in which we will die we should live every day for the glorification of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment