Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Become one

Prior to our marriage my husband and I didn't see eye to eye on the role our families played in our lives. I wanted the #1 spot next to God but I wasn't his wife. I placed him in the #1 spot in my life next to God. So obviously we were not balanced. But when we got married and vowed with God to become 1, things changed. I naturally became my husbands #1 priority (next to God) and he mine. It was so naturally occurring it seemed surreal.

What changed? My husband and I applied THE TRUTH to our lives. Matthew 19:5 KJV And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh.

This scripture applies to wives too. Now I know many people may be in offense to a married couple living this way. It if you apply THE TRUTH to your life it will become surreal.  All God is telling the married couples is that a wife should be most important to her husband and a husband most important to his wife. There is a balance and it is the role of each spouse to keep their families in the correct place.

If all else fails you will still be living how God wants if you apply Matthew 19:5 to your life. When you live how God instructs you can't be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment