Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Life's Race

In life we must train ourself to run with God. This race may not be easy in the flesh but it will be worth it in the spirit. The best part of running the race with God is that we always win! It takes discipline and sacrifice but the end prize is worth it when you follow God.


1 Corinthians 9:24-27 AMP
Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize and make it yours. [25] Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness that cannot wither. [26] Therefore I do not run uncertainly (without definite aim). I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary. [27] But like a boxer I buffet my body handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment